Malte Haaning Plastic A/S
Ringvejen 51, 7900 Nykøbing Mors, Denmark
CVR 16 20 65 47
What information do we collect and for what purpose?
When you use our Product, we collect and process personal information about you with a view to the correct delivery of the Product. This data is collected by us and submitted by you. As far as the webshop is concerned, it encompasses: name, address, email, telephone number (hereinafter “General Customer Data”, log of activities when using the Product. As a member of Club Hama, you will also submit your date of birth.
We need to collect and process customers’ and users’ personal information, with the following purpose:
- Customers must be able to buy products from the webshop and have them delivered.
- Customers must be able to register as Club Hama members and use the services that go with it.
- We need to be able to contact customers if they have asked us to do so.
Special information about child safety on hama.dk
We take extra precautions to keep children safe and to protect their personal information when they join Club Hama on hama.dk. Insofar as personal information is concerned, we consider anyone under 13 years of age to be a child.
When processing personal information from children, we take the following precautions to protect their privacy:
- We tell parents what personal information we collect, store, use and process that their children have given us. Specifically, we send an email to the child’s parent or guardian, explaining what information we collect and how we intend to use it, and asking the parent to grant or refuse permission. If we do not receive parental permission within a reasonable time frame, we delete all information we have collected from the child, including the contact details of the adult from whom we requested permission. We use email addresses that we received for parental permission for no other purpose, unless the adult has expressly requested a newsletter subscription in some other context.
- We allow parents to request access to the personal information we have collected from their child. Parents may also request the alteration or deletion of their children’s personal information. Parents are also free to refuse the creation of a Club Hama profile and the use of the child’s personal information. Because personal information is required for certain of our online services, the deletion of a child’s information can mean that an account, membership or a service will no longer be available to the child.
If a parent or guardian has not been contacted for permission
If you think that your child is participating in online activity on our website that is based on the collection of personal information and you or another parent/guardian has not received an email informing you of this or requesting permission, please contact us.
What is the basis for our processing?
We process Cookie Data because this processing is necessary for our performance of our legitimate interest in improving users’ experience when using our Product.
Our processing of your General Customer Data is performed because the processing is necessary if we are to fulfil our agreement with you on the purchase of our products.
Do we disclose your personal information to others?
We only disclose your personal information to others if legislation permits us to do so.
We uses external companies as suppliers in order to deliver the best possible services. These external suppliers are known as data processors. Under certain circumstances, they will process your personal information as part of the services they provide to us. Our data processors only process your personal information as instructed by us and in compliance with legal requirements for data processors.
For how long do we store your personal information?
We delete your personal information on an ongoing basis when it is no longer of relevance for the purpose for which we collected it. We will, however, retain your personal information to the extent that we are required to do so by law, for example as with bookkeeping data which is covered by the Danish Act on Bookkeeping.
What are your rights as a registered user?
As a registered user, you have a number of rights, which we can assist you with. Your rights are as follows:
- You have the right to access which personal information we process about you, the purpose for which we process the information and whether we disclose personal information to other parties.
- You have the right to have any erroneous personal information about you corrected.
- In certain circumstances, you have the right to have certain personal information deleted.
- In certain cases, you are entitled to limitation of the processing of your personal information, so that we only store your personal information for a specified period of time.
- You are entitled to so-called data portability of the information you have given us. This extends to the personal information we have collected on the basis of your permission, or because we require personal information to fulfil our contractual obligations to you.
- In certain cases, you have the right to object to our processing of your personal information on the basis of reasons and situations that concern your particular circumstances.
- If we have obtained your permission for one element of our processing of your personal information, you have the right at any time to retract your permission, after which the personal information that was collected on the basis of the permission you gave us will be deleted.
Your right to complain
You can complain about:
- how your personal information has been processed
- how your request for data insight has been managed
- how your complaint has been dealt with
- any decisions that were implemented after a complaint
You have the right to complain if you believe that we have failed to live up to our personal data protection responsibilities.
We will send you a confirmation within 14 days and will do our best to process your case within three months.
If you wish to take advantage of your rights as described above, you should contact us at the email address shown in this Policy under “contact”.
We endeavour to do all that we can to accommodate your wishes about the processing of personal information. If you still want to complain, you should do so via the Danish Data Protection Agency (www.datatilsynet.dk)
Amendments to this Policy
The rapid development of the Internet can necessitate changes to our processing of personal information. We reserve the right to update and amend this Policy. When doing so, we will also change the “last updated” date at the bottom of the page. In the event of any major changes, we will inform you in the form of a visible communication on our website.
If you have any questions or comments about this Policy, or if you wish to take advantage of one or more of your rights, you can contact us at email@example.com.
This is version 2, updated on 1 October 2019.
Malte Haaning Plastic A/S